BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

12.24.2009

Merry Christmas Eve

Instead of focusing on the negative (the fact that I woke up to a dog poop explosion all over my apartment & that the weather is truly frightful [tornados and what not]) I am going to make an attempt at merriment.


I am very much looking forward to tomorrow. I will see my aunt, uncle and cousins from Indiana. I don't get to see them very often, and both of my cousins have recently fought cancer. They are both in their 20s but younger than I am (I'm 27) and they take it in stride. They are both very positive, and are truly fighters. They are inspiring. Christmas Day is the "big" holiday celebrated by my dad's family, so I look forward to seeing all the family I only see this time of year. Oh yeah and FRIED TURKEY mmmmmmmmm....

Right now I am getting ready to head to the NO to see my mom, and have Christmas Eve dinner with my mom, step-dad and little brother. Any time spent with them is sure to be interesting. Last Christmas my step-dad told me "The Lord is going to strike you down" so I look forward to his well wishes the crazy that comes out of his mouth. Never a dull moment.

Whatever holiday you celebrate(d) I hope it is/was a good time filled with family, friends and fun!

photo taken at Celebration in the Oaks in City Park, NOLA

0 comments: