BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

9.02.2009

Reform?

Ahhhhh heath care reform. I'm not going to get all political here, or give my personal opinion on the current reform congress is discussing. I would, however like to address the pharmaceutical industry, or rather the lack of addressing the pharmaceutical industry in the heath care reform discussion. 

I believe they play a MAJOR role in the problems we as a country face when discussing heath care reform. How is it okay to charge someone hundreds or even thousands of dollars for a medication that they need to stay alive? You cannot convince me it costs these companies that much to produce the medication they are selling us.Wouldn't it be advantageous for people to afford the medication that is going to prevent them from having a heart attack, instead of having them pay for the ER visit when they have the heart attack? I'm using a heart attack as an example, but there are many many other illnesses, and major medical problems that could be prevented by addressing the inflation of the prices of prescription medications by pharmaceutical companies I don't know how the CEO's of these companies sleep at night, and it disturbs me that this is not being addressed,  and probably wont be. 

steps off of soapbox

0 comments: